Whether you prefer ale, oktoberfest or just beer pong,
Wikihow.com has an article that I found interesting, it is reposted below.
Does it work ? I will give it a try next time I crack open a less-than-tasty brew:
Edited byAmber Rae Rae
Beer should taste great on its own merits but in a world that isn’t ideal, not all beers are equal. And given that each of us has a different palate, some beers are likely to be less tasty than others according to your individual preferences.
Yet, when you’ve bought that beer and its lackluster taste is all that stands between you and an enjoyable session of beer drinking, all is not lost. You can restore some fire to that less tasty beer through the addition of a few tasty items. While these suggestions are not for everyone, once the beer is already deemed undrinkable, you’ve everything to gain and nothing to lose by at least trying these ideas out.
- The doomed beer
- 1 lime per beer (lemon can be used in place of the lime)
- Clamato, or tomato juice, or V8/vegetable juice which ever preferred
- Optional: Hot sauce of any kind, most prefer Texas Pete.
Pour a glass of beer. Leave extra room for the addition of other ingredients.
Select the ingredients. This article can work in two ways. You can either stop at the addition of a single ingredient, or you can stop after adding several or all of the ingredients. It depends on your personal taste preferences but it’s probably worth trying working through the whole list of ingredient additions at least once, to see if you like it!
Cut a lime in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into the empty glass.
Pour the beer from its glass into the glass of lime juice. Be sure to pour the beer slowly and slightly tilt the cup while pouring to prevent foaming. You can stop at this point and enjoy the lime-laced beer, or keep going. If stopping here, stir gently.
Add a pinch of salt to the beer and lime juice mix. Either stop here, or keep going. If stopping here, stir gently.
Pour the clamato, tomato juice or V8/vegetable juice, whichever is preferred, into the glass of beer and lime juice mix. Either stop here, or keep going. If stopping here, stir gently.
Add hot sauce for spicy taste. The amount of hot sauce you use depends on the amount of spice (fiery heat) preferred. This step is definitely optional but really gives the beer a lift!
Stir lightly and serve the ultimate redux beer.
- Clamato is a tomato juice type mix. It can be found in your local grocery store on the juice aisle where the tomato and V8 juice would be.
- Most beer can be improved by the addition of a soft drink such as fizzy lemonade (known as a “shandy”). This dilutes the strength of the beer but still leaves a delicious, refreshing taste.
- The addition of ice can improve the taste of the beer, both in its original and redux versions.
- Chugging can help get down a less-than-tasty beer! However, if it’s about enjoying the beer rather than the desire to become inebriated, this isn’t a very good solution.